Essential Oils for Self Care
Fit Like? As we say in Scotland or How are you? My name is Emma I am 43 and married mum of 3 boys 14, 11 and 9. As a working mum I became consumed by the rat run of work, home and life and lost the balance, it’s easy to do. As mums we put ourselves under a lot of pressure not only was my family suffering but most of all me and only me had the power to change. Self-care- what a word that is!
Happy mummy = happy children, Happy wife = happy marriage, Work v Life = Balance. I needed to find solutions.
I joined a yoga class for me and began to re-connect. I love yoga the benefits to mind, body and soul are empowering. And so, I became a Mini Me Yoga Ambassador I reduced my days from 4 to 2 in a Senior role within a council nursery and gave up the responsibility. I now have a clearer focus on a balance for my own family, but yet still making a difference to children’s lives.
Throughout all of this I now have a go to medicinal medicine cabinet full of DoTerra Essential Oils. Did you know? An essential oil hits your system quicker than a paracetamol. So I’m going to give you an insight into my top 3 (but I couldn’t decide so it’s a top 5!)
- Balance – I use everyday on the back of my neck and the soles of my feet. It provides me with a sense of harmony and eases tension. Stops the balance from tipping the wrong way.
- Lemon – I drink every morning with a cup of hot or cold water to cleanse my organs and provides me with an energising boost for the day. I have also made myself some chemical free cleaning products using lemon and it gives a lovely fresh smell.
- Frankincense – The King of Oils, compliments all other oils. A drop in my moisturiser for both my face and body is so luxurious. A drop under my tongue and across my forehead to relieve a headache. I inhale straight from the bottle for an instant hit to help relax and release feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Peppermint – 1 drop of peppermint is equivalent to 28 peppermint teabags. It’s soothes an upset stomach or trapped wind. Invigorates me when I am feeling sluggish and cools me down when I’m hot which is regular with hot flushes, there is also an oil for my time of the month.
- Serenity/Lavender – Such a gorgeous smell its calming aids sleep I use it every night at bedtime and like most of my favourites it relieves stress and tension.
I could go on and on! And guess what they also have:
- A Kids Collection
- A Yoga Kit
- And many more!
If you would like any more information please don’t hesitate to contact me email@example.com or you can also message me on my Facebook page Mini Me Yoga Aberdeen.