If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” Dalai Lama
In this Mini Me Yoga Meditation workshop, you will learn active meditation techniques to use, as a family.
10 benefits of meditation for children
- 1. Improves Confidence – It helps the students to become self aware, and understand they don’t have to react to all situations.
- 2. Enhanced Focus – in our fast paced world, it is easy to become distracted. Meditation teaches them how good it feels to focus on one thing at once.
- 3. Control their Own Emotions – Meditation is the difference between reacting and responding. They learn the ability to deal with uncomfortable situations.
- 4. Adaptable – they become more confident and better problem solvers.
- 5. More Compassionate – not only does meditation bolster self-esteem but helps with empathy, security and happiness.
- 6. Help raise IQ – students who meditate see a significant increase in cognitive function.
- 7. Academic stress reduces – students report less stress after meditation, even during exam time.
- 8. Reduction in anxiety and absenteeism – leading to better behaviour in school and at home.
- 9. Boosts Creativity and Innovation – Meditation accelerates the performance of the brain, making it easier to think outside the box.
- 10. Increases Memory and Recall – helping in all areas of learning but especially during assessments or examinations, whether that is in school or extra curricular activities.
Here at Mini Me Yoga, we see meditation as fuel for children. It is this fuel, that helps them to respond rather than react to stressful situations.
You will receive a CPD Certificate and Meditation Manual with scripts, guided visualisations and especially created Mandalas to use with every age group.